Strength in numbers…
As a national association representing members from both independent operators and major cinema chains, we present a strong and united force.
There has been very significant investment made by exhibitors in Australia and New Zealand –
- 1,994 screens in nearly 500 locations in Australia
- over 400 screens in New Zealand
- total box office of revenue of $1.128b and $176m in NZ
- 92 million admissions in Australia in 2010
- 15.5 million admissions in New Zealand
- over 10,000 people employed in the cinema industry
- over 50% of screens were digital in 2011
And the big screen is consistently rated as one of the top social outings for all demographics.
That is an investment in an industry worth protecting, and that is NACO’s primary objective.